Thread: The Word of God
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 04:50 AM
martydavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
And if you do not divide, you are not obeying Scripture:
2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
The Bible tells us to:

1. Study,
2. That study is part of evincing approval unto God,
3. Implies shame in not properly studying,
4. Tells us how to study: with right division.

If you want to claim "all Scripture" as applicable to you, you are in trouble -- you've got a lot of laws to follow and a big boat to build, and good luck finding that tree of life to eat from.

If you already recognize that those aren't for you, then you are already a dispensationalist. It's a matter of learning how to properly divide from there...
I see a lot of bondage in your life One problem with being highly educated in the bible is that faith in God the Father is replaced by the letter of the law. Good luck with that. I know when God is speaking to me and I know when God is speaking to Noah, Moses, David, Jesus, Paul, etc. etc. etc. etc. When it APPLIES to me I believe it - that takes faith and a close walk with Jesus being FILLED with the Holy Spirit rightly discerning. That all takes prayer and spending time with the word and Jesus.

When Jesus was walking on the water and told Peter to step out, by faith, and walk on the water to Him wasn't He also talking to you telling you to get out of the boat and walk by faith in something that He is telling you to do?

A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Last edited by martydavis; 06-20-2008 at 05:00 AM.