View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 02:12 PM

Default Re: "The King Job Bible"

Originally Posted by bibleprotector
Quote:
"Suffer me a little, and I will shew thee that I have yet to speak on God's behalf." (Job 36:2) This is Elihu's problem: presumption.

"Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?" (Job 38:2) "God directly speaks to Job, and God is showing that Elihu did not actually understand what he was talking about.

"Since Elihu's words are Scripture, I think that what he was saying are truths, and are things we can use for doctrines.
"
Aloha brother bibleprotector,

I beg to differ with you here brother (just a little ). Here is what Elihu said:

Job 36:2 Suffer me a little, and I will shew thee that I have yet to speak on God's behalf.
3 I will fetch my knowledge from afar, and will ascribe righteousness to my Maker.

4 For truly my words shall not be false: he that is perfect in knowledge is with thee.

All of us (at times) "speak” on behalf of God, and I don’t believe that it is “presumptuous” of us when we do. (That is why when we do “speak” - we better “speak” the TRUTH, the whole TRUTH, and nothing but the TRUTH!)

According to Elihu he was going to seek his knowledge from God <> I will fetch my knowledge from afar; he would give God the credit: <> and will ascribe righteousness to my Maker; he testified that what he was going to say was TRUTH <> For truly my words shall NOT be FALSE; and that God would testify to the hearer as to whether what Elihu said was TRUE or NOT <> HE that is perfect in knowledge is with thee.

Now if Elihu was “just as wrong” as Job’s three “friends”, then he wasn’t only guilty of their sin: My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends:for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right,He would have been guilty of LYING – because he claimed: For truly my words shall NOT be FALSE”; and he claimed that he was receiving his knowledge from God - I will fetch my knowledge from afar”.

This is why I have spent as much time on this issue as I have. The point that I have tried to make in these recent Posts and in my previous Posts - see: http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...40&postcount=1 http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...98&postcount=7 is that – I do not believe that all of the things that Jobs three “friends” said are “suspect”. All of the “factual” statements that they made about the creation; the fall of man; Adam; the Flood; or about the Nature and Character of God are TRUE. The only thing where they are found to be at fault is in their “judgment” about why God was allowing Job to be “tried”.

They “thought” it was due to “sin” in Job’s life, and so God was punishing Job for his “sin” – they misjudged God’s reasons for Job’s trials & tribulations (“ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right) and that misjudgment kindled God’s “wrath” (which should be a warning to us when we judge a friend or another brother in Christ).

The point about Elihu is simple: If he was “just as wrong” in his judgment of Job and about God as Job’s three “friends”, he should have been included in their condemnation, (regardless of his age). If he was “just as wrong”, he also would have been a LIAR! {“For truly my words shall not be false} I believe that I have demonstrated (from the Holy Scriptures) that Elihu was NOT “just as wrong”, as Job’s three “friends”. I also think that I have shown from this Post that Elihu was NOT guilty of being a liar or of “presumption”, but that he was speaking the “Truth”.

You also said: "God directly speaks to Job, and God is showing that Elihu did not actually understand what he was talking about." My question for you is - if Elihu "did not understand what he was talking about", how is it that God verifies several things that he said? (see my previous Post #13 on this thread)

Last edited by George; 01-18-2009 at 02:33 PM.