View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 06:44 PM

Default Re: " The King Job Bible"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
"Brother George, you put words in my mouth and then ask me to prove that those words are true!

Where have I said that God "excused" Elihu's sin?
"
Aloha Brother Tim,

I don't believe I ever actually accused you of saying: "that God "excused" Elihu's sin? I said - my quotes:
Quote:
"The idea that God “excused” him or his supposed “faulty judgment” because of his “youth” won’t hold any water – at least not Scripturally. Since when does God “excuse” sin because a man (NOT a boy!) is young?"
And again:
"
I can think of NO instance in the Bible that God “excused” a young man (NOT a child) of his sins because of his “youth” perhaps you can provide me with some examples?"
And again:
"Can you provide me with some Biblical examples where God excused sin in a young man's life - because he was "young"? And if you cannot, will you at least admit that if Elihu got "a pass" from God - it wasn't because "he was young"?
Each time that the word "excused" was used - I introduced it on my own, but technically I never said - that you said: "that God 'excused' Elihu's sin". However, if I have "put words in your mouth - I apologize. I certainly didn't mean to, since I don't like people putting words in my mouth!

You did say:
Quote:
"The reason for not being included in the condemnation at the end of the book is the same as for why he was not answered by Job. It is found in 32:3 and 32:6, his youth. His accusations against Job are just as wrong, but he does not have the experience of age to qualify his speech as worthy of response."
The following is the Bible record concerning God's attitude towards Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar. Please note that God did not mention any "wrath" toward Elihu.

Job 42:7 And it was so, that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath.
8 Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of me the thing which is right, like my servant Job.
9 So Eliphaz the Temanite and Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite went, and did according as the LORD commanded them: the LORD also accepted Job.
10 And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before.

In speaking about Elihu you said: "His accusations against Job are just as wrong, but he does not have the experience of age to qualify his speech as worthy of response." I have proven (from the Scriptures) that Elihu was "right on" when it came to his assessment of Job's situation. And that is the reason Gos did NOT include him in His condemnation of Job's three friends.

You have said that: "His accusations against Job are just as wrong," and the reason God did not include him in His condemnation of Job's three friends is because: "he does not have the experience of age to qualify his speech as worthy of response." This is pure "speculation" on your part - you are reading into the Scriptures something that is not there, and something that you couldn't possibly prove.

If Elihu was truly guilty of what you accuse him of, he would have had to be included in God's wrath (regardless of his age) for he would have been guilty of the SAME SIN - "ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right". If Elihu was guilty, as you say he is, God would have been guilty of "respect of persons" - because He would have "excused" Elihu's sin because of his "young age".

Romans 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
Ephesians 6:9 And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him.
1 Peter 1:17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

James 2:9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

IF Elihu was guilty of the SAME sins as Job's three "friends" (as you claimed) - then God gave him "a pass" because of his "young age. IF that is true - then God "excused" his sin because of his "young age". If that isn't "respect of persons", then I don't know what is! IF Elihu's
"accusations against Job are just as wrong" - then God (in order to be "just") was obligated to treat him just exactly "the same" as Job's three friends (regardless of his age!).

That is why I have asked the question (for the third time):
Can you provide me with some Biblical examples where God excused sin in a young man's life - because he was "young"?