View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 01:08 AM

Default Re: "The King Job Bible"

Aloha Brother Tim,

Your quote:
Quote:
"George, you asked for evidence that Elihu falsely accused Job. I believe that there are several places within his diatribe, but this section stands out:"

Job 34:35-37 Job hath spoken without knowledge, and his words were without wisdom. My desire is that Job may be tried unto the end because of his answers for wicked men. For he addeth rebellion unto his sin, he clappeth his hands among us, and multiplieth his words against God.
It is clear that you don't agree with Elihu's "assessment" Of Job's situation, but you must PROVE that he was WRONG - you can't just state that he was "wrong" (just because you disagree with him), you must demonstrate he was "wrong".

For instance: Elihu said: "Job hath spoken without knowledge, and his words were without wisdom." Was he right or not? Let's see what God has to say:
Job 38:1
Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?

WHO
was God "answering"? God was "answering" Job (for some of the things that Job said previously.) - God wasn't "addressing" Elihu, He was addressing" ("answering") Job!

And again Elihu said: "For he addeth rebellion unto his sin, he clappeth his hands among us, and multiplieth his words against God." WHO was Elihu talking about? JOB! Was he right or not? Let's see what God has to say:
Job 40:1
Moreover the LORD answered Job, and said,
2 Shall he that contendeth with the Almighty instruct him? he that reproveth God, let him answer it.
God is "answering" Job
(for some of the things that Job said previously.) WHO is it that was "contending" (Job 40:2 - in "rebellion") with God? Job! WHO was it that was "reproving" God (Job 40:2 -"multiplieth his words against God .")? Why, according to God - it was none other than Job! And what is it that Job says ("answers") when he is rebuked of God?
3 Then Job answered the LORD, and said,
4 Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth.
5 Once have I spoken; but I will not answer: yea, twice; but I will proceed no further.

Job knew WHO God was talking (answering) to. Job knew WHO was being rebuked - for he instantly "fessed up" and then he "shut up".

How's Elihu doing so far? The way I see it - he's hitting 3 for 3. That's pretty good in baseball (100%).

And again you said:
Quote:
Job 36:15-18 He delivereth the poor in his affliction, and openeth their ears in oppression. Even so would he have removed thee out of the strait into a broad place, where there is no straitness; and that which should be set on thy table should be full of fatness. But thou hast fulfilled the judgment of the wicked: judgment and justice take hold on thee. Because there is wrath, beware lest he take thee away with his stroke: then a great ransom cannot deliver thee.

"Again, here Elihu indicates that if Job would just humble himself and come clean, then God would remove His suffering. He falsely claims that God has wrath toward Job.

"Elihu is the epitome of the modern Bible College graduate. He presents a lot of truth but intermingled with arrogance and a total absence of personal life experience. He walks into the church and expects every gray-haired saint to sit at his feet in wonder."
You said that Elihu indicated: "that if Job would just humble himself and come clean, then God would remove His suffering." But can you not see that that is "exactly" what Job did? [Job 42:1-6] And that God then removed his suffering - "exactly" like Elihu said he would [Job 42:10-17]!

Job 42:1 Then Job answered the LORD, and said,
2 I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee.
3 Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.
4 Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.
5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.

Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

If that isn't "humbling himself" - I don't know what is.

Job 42:10 And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before.
11 Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the LORD had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold.
12 So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses.
13 He had also seven sons and three daughters.
14 And he called the name of the first, Jemima; and the name of the second, Kezia; and the name of the third, Kerenhappuch.
15 And in all the land were no women found so fair as the daughters of Job: and their father gave them inheritance among their brethren.
16 After this lived Job an hundred and forty years, and saw his sons, and his sons' sons, even four generations.
17 So Job died, being old and full of days.

So far Elihu is batting 4 for 4 - still a 100% batting average!

And lastly you claim: "
He falsely claims that God has wrath toward Job." But let us carefully see what Elihu actually said: "Because there is wrath, beware lest he take thee away with his stroke: then a great ransom cannot deliver thee." Elihu didn't say that God had "wrath toward Job"! Elihu was warning Job that "because there is wrath", Job better be awfully careful lest - "lest he take thee away with his stroke: then a great ransom cannot deliver thee."

The way I see it - Elihu is batting 5 for 5 - still 100%, and I think you owe Elihu an apology.

A careful reading of the verses has removed all of your concerns (about Elihu's veracity) and has demonstrated that contrary to what you thought Elihu "meant", he actually was right on in his assessment of Job's situation - just like I said in my last Post.

I have answered your objections to (or "evidence" against Elihu), and now perhaps you will answer my former query: "
I can think of NO instance in the Bible that God “excused” a young man (NOT a child) of his sins because of his “youth” perhaps you can provide me with some examples?"

Can you provide me with some Biblical examples where God excused sin in a young man's life - because he was "young"? And if you cannot, will you at least admit that if Elihu got "a pass" from God - it wasn't because "he was young"?