View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 01:55 AM

Default Re: Who Is Jesus Christ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife412 View Post
I've been in a debate with a Jehovah's Witness here at work (I'm clocked out now, and waiting for my ride). We've both been pounding each other with scripture. Him trying to prove that Jesus is an angel, and me trying to prove that Jesus is the Creator Himself manifest!

While I've been in a church most of my life, I've only recently accepted Christ in my heart, and with it, God's bestowed on me the gift of hunger for understanding of His Word. I've been through Dr. McGee's program once, and working on it a second time, adding a smattering of other ministries along the way. But I was not fully prepared to face a 40+ year Jehovah's Witness! God opened my memory, and allowed me to hold my ground, but I was not able to answer all of the questions he put to me. This list, however... God bless you George. You are an answer to prayer, my brother. I know all that you list here, but not where to find it, and how to piece it together, and you've done it all here for me. Thank you.

Aloha brother,

I praise God that this study may be of some help to you. I did most of this study in 1973 in response to Jehovahs Witnesses' doctrine. I am convinced that the only way to deal with Jehovahs Witnesses' is over the person (Deity) of the Lord Jesus Christ. Trying to talk to them about salvation doesn't seem to do much good - since they have "learned" all of the "terminology" and like good Sophists, they continually twist, bend, and take salvation verses out of context. They can't do that with the Godhead.

If you are interested, I have a short lesson on my web page: http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/ under the "Bible Lessons" section (Lesson Title = "Questions for Jehovah's Witnesses").

A note of interest: A Christian brother and I led a young Jehovahs Witness couple (husband & wife) to the Lord in 1973 using this outline. They were the only Jehovahs Witnesses that I have dealt with in 40 years that went through all six points in the outline. Since then, I have never been able to go through more than 2 or 3 points of the outline without the "Witnesses" digging out for parts unknown.