View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I don't see repentance anywhere in that verse? I mean, I am sure they did, but using the word repentance whenever a verse about salvation comes up is dangerous territory, and leads to one place.... LORDSHIP SALVATION.
Are you kidding? That's the message of the Gospel!
Quote:
Mt 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Mt 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Mr 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
Mr 6:12 And they went out, and preached that men should repent.
Lu 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Lu 13:5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Lu 16:30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
Lu 17:3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.
Lu 17:4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.
Ac 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Ac 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; (all KJV)