View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas
This comes from Ruckman's Bible References page 131
Thank you so much, brother, for providing an actual citation. I looked it up, and of course you've quoted him accurately (not that I'd expect you to do otherwise.) So....

Ruckman is, in my judgment, entirely wrong on the issue of when life begins. And I wish he hadn't made the snarky reference to "anti-abortionists." But I still am not convinced that he explicitly approves of abortion.

When I was at PBI, in a course entitled "The Preacher and His Problems," Ruckman discussed, graphically, all of the various methods of birth control - - - which he believes is okay, as I do. (The "abortion pill" hadn't been invented yet, so he didn't mention it.) In the discussion, he did not list or suggest abortion as a birth control method.

But the pro-abortion people do. They think it's just as legitimate as a condom or a diaphragm.

So, I wouldn't put Ruckman in the "pro-abortion" camp; that would be going too far. But he is wrong about when life begins.

I thank you again for providing the reference, which helps clarify my thinking.

I will continue to praise God for all the truth that Ruckman does teach! And I will repeat, as I do so often, that "all flesh is grass."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent
And unless someone has new Scripture to add, I am about ready to shut down these threads.
That would be a mercy and a blessing!