View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Where are the posters, George and others, that examine the exactness of God's words, and yet are silent with this absolute distortion of Scripture?

Underlining and bold mine for emphasis:Can someone show me, Chette, Solomon, or others, WHERE the entire family of Ham was cursed??? ONE man's decendents, Canaan's, were cursed. These are NOT identified as all black-skinned people!!!

It is apparent that some among us have fallen into the trap of bigotry.

Who are the Canaanites (who received the curse)?

Refer again to verse 19. Is any of this territory in Africa???

This idea of equating the black-skinned person with the curse of Canaan is false, ignorant, and shameful. It needs to be retracted and rejected!
Tim, I'm working on the passages myself at the moment, from the perspective of what the SCRIPTURES say, precept upon precept, line upon line. This is another example of things I've said many times: You can't bend the Scriptures around a preconceived notion, they don;t bend. You either bend with them or you break.

I have computer problems at the moment, but needless to say, there is no link between Leviticus 18 and Genesis 9. I'll demonstrate what Noah "knew" was "done to him" and it wasn;t sodomy. The curse was fulfilled and does not extend into the Grace age, we were not prophesied in the Scriptures(Eph. 3) We were all, black and white, red, purple and green, out of the commonwealth of Israel BUT NOW made nigh by the blood of Christ. I find the whole premise as distasteful as you do.

Grace and peace brother

Tony