View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
Governments are ordained by God, regardless of who's in charge, how they got there, or what they do. We're required, by the Bible, to submit and obey their rule. I hate it just as much as anyone else; I've always said that they'll only get my guns bullets first. However, I'm a Bible Believer before I'm a patriot, and I must interpret my attitude and actions through the lens of Scripture, not vice-versa.
That's exactly right, with the possible exception of the "bullets first" part: it kinda reminds me of what Jesus said when Peter lopped off the soldier's ear. I enjoyed Charlton Heston's remark about "my cold, dead fingers" as much as anyone, but we can't elevate it to the level of holy writ.

It doesn't matter whether Obama was born in Africa or on Mars. The Constitution has been a dead letter ever since 1861. Whether we view him as "legitimate" or not is immaterial; he'll be the one sitting at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, and we'll owe him obedience (unless he asks us to abandon our faith) and our prayers. Our sincere prayers: if we merely pray, "God, please get rid of that scumbucket," He will not be impressed. He knows the bitterness and resentment - - - yes, and the rebellion - - - of our hearts better than we do, and we can't fool Him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish
And just because God ALLOWS something to happen doesn't mean he wanted it that way.
Dear brother, we've been going around and around on this matter for months, and I don't intend to keep repeating myself for the next four years. No, I don't think for an instant that God wanted this country to be ruled by such a man. But the examples of Saul and Nero are instructive; in fact, they're covered by 2 Tim. 3:16. If Obama tells us we can't witness or pray or worship, like Nebuchadnezzar did, then (and only then) we'll be obliged to disobey. I think you acknowledge that Obama, like Pilate, had his power given to Him by God; but you keep saying, in effect, "It's not God's perfect will." Okay, you've made your point.

I know it's only been a matter of hours since the bad news came down, and people process bad news differently. But I sense a spirit of rebellion in some of these posts that does not please God.

What part of "In everything give thanks" is so hard to understand? And, anyway, we're told to Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth (Col. 3:2). That includes our political parties and our preferred candidates.

I think the Obama administration will be an unmitigated disaster; I have no illusions at all about the man, or the people he surrounds himself with. But he'll be the President, and our orders are very clear. Rebellion, whether inward or outward, is as the sin of witchcraft.