View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 09:13 PM

What I am saying is that Salvation is different in different dispensations.

In the end it's the same. Everyone who is ever saved will be saved by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.

OT Saints went to paradise, until Christ died for them.
We look to the cross, and His shed blood for our sacrifice.
Even Abraham was in Paradise waiting for Christ.
During the tribulation, people are washed AFTER they are saved.

ALL THROUGH THE BLOOD.

But, please correct me if I am wrong, where does an Old Testament saint have faith in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ in order to be saved? That's all we need today right? Faith in the Gospel (1 Cor 15:1-4). No works, nothing. His righteousness imputed to me.

This gospel wasn't even known by the Apostles until Paul told them. He said it was a mystery. It had not been revealed wholly in times past. He said it was "my gospel", given to him by revelation of Jesus Christ.

If this gospel is the same one that OT saints believe to get to Heaven, why does Paul say it was a mystery until Jesus revealed it to him?

Now, we know that when OT saints died, they didn't go to heaven. Why? Because they weren't washed in the blood. They were still under the Law. They went to paradise. How did they get to Paradise?

If you say "Believing in God", and we are trying to harmonize all scriptures, then what about James 2:14? Even the devil believes etcetc

So my question is not "How is an OT saint saved" because the answer is "by the blood". But they only had the opportunity to be saved if they went to paradise. So how did an OT saint get to paradise?