View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 02:11 PM
cpmac

Jerry wrote:
Quote:
"Why do you wing it on your Bible interpretation. Paul is describing what is going to happen some day. Some Christians were upset because they thought he had already come, but Paul wrote 2 Thessalonians to set them straight."
I didn't make it clear that by "future" I meant that far off future (2000 or more years). You're right. Paul was describing what was to happen some day. But that "some day" was closer to the end time of Israel (AD70) rather than some arbitrary time period thousands of years in the future..

Jerry wrote:
Quote:
"Some Christians were upset because they thought he had already come, but Paul wrote 2 Thessalonians to set them straight."
Slight error: the Christians weren't upset thinking that the Day of Christ had already come;
They were all shook up thinking that the Day was near ("at hand" according to the correct Bible). If the Day of Christ, the Day of the Lord, i.e., the Great Tribulation Jesus spoke about in Matthew, Mark, and Luke, had already come, believe me, they would have known about it. They would have had no need to ask Paul anything.

Jerry wrote:
Quote:
"The devil hasn't already set himself up in the temple."
This is a dispensational concoction. The legitimate Bible doesn't say that the devil is ever going to set himself up in the temple.

Jerry wrote:
Quote:
"Pentecost was wrong on many things. This passage also teaches he was a man under the influence of the Devil and was not the Devil:"
We agree on at least one thing: Pentecost and his cohorts were wrong on many things.
I'm not sure which passage you're referring to, but yes. Any time the Bible speaks of man and the devil in the same breath, so to speak, usually the man is under the influence of the devil. Sometimes the devil cannot be distinguished from the man, and vice versa.

Jerry wrote:
Quote:
Revelation 13:1-2 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

The dragon is stated to be the Devil in chapter 12.
Quite true. But the beast rising up out of the sea is not the "Antichrist." This beast was
the Roman Empire. The ten horns were the same as the "ten toes" in Daniel. They were the smaller kingdoms which Rome had conquered in the past, and of which the empire was made of . And true indeed. It was a heathen nation, God used it to judge Israel for its wickedness and unbelief, and the Dragon gave it his power (long story).

Did you notice something else(it has nothing to do with our discussion) in Revelation 12?
The dragon and his angels were kicked out of heaven at about the time Jesus brought salvation to the world, received all power in the universe, and the kingdom of God was set up. Scofield, charter member of dispensationalism, really got that one wrong.

The chief reason I know futurism is wrong is because the Lord Jesus Christ said so in Luke 21:22, "For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled." The "days of vengeance" was the destructon of the temple, the city, and the nation in AD70. There are therefore, no specific O.T. prophecies which were not fulfilled before that date.

cpmac
www.tribulationhoax.com