View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
WOW, brother Strickland that looks like a good sermon,
I'll read the whole thing when I get a chance.
just kidding brother, God bless...
Thank You Bro. Parrish; I have read several of your post #60,#46,#35 I will try not to be as long with this comment as the last.

Bro. Parrish, I admire your faithfulness to the cause of Christ, for your show that you are gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves; out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Sometimes I just have to stop and acknowledge that I am serving the KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. Rev. 19:16 (speaking of Jesus)

I try each day to do as written in II Peter 3:18 ...grow and grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Bro. Parrish, How do we grow in grace? Why should we grow in grace? Is that an application that we should consider?

Bro. Parrish, Did you write in one of your post, that you were a member of a fundamental independent Baptist church?

Bro. Parrish, I also am member of a warm and caring fellowship of believers committed to the truth of God’s Word. The church is an old-fashioned, independent fundamental Baptist church. Our music is God-honoring and we use only the authorized King James Bible.

Bro Parrish, is it not written in the authorized King James Bible,
"2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"?
Does that not mean from Genesis to Revelation?

I thank God every day, that he loved me so much that he sent his only begotten Son , to die on Calvary`s cross for me.

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Yes, his precious blood was spilt for me and all that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. I thank him for that daily.

Yes he paid the sin debt for all my sins past, present and future.

My payer is that I might all ways stay near to that Calvary's cross.

Is it too much trouble, In all thy ways to acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. (Prov. 3:5)

I know that the following scripture is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: because the the Word of God says so.

Bro. Parrish, Did Jesus teach the disciples how to pray? Were the disciples Jews? Does that mean that it is not profitable to us since he was talking to Jews and not Gentiles or the church?

Bro. Parish, what does our Lord and Saviour instruct us in Luke 11:4 as to prayer?

Jesus teaches how to pray. "And forgive us our sins;"

Bro. Parrish, Why does Jesus tell the disciples that they should ask for forgiveness of their sins? Were they not saved by grace also or was this just a prayer pattern for them to use while he was here on earth with them?
Psalm 66:18

Bro. Parrish, should I apply Jesus's instruction of how to pray to my daily life? or Should pray as the hyprocrites do in the synagogues? I know I should not because, "They have their reward".Matthew 6:5

Thank You Bro. Parrish for your help with this message. God Bless You. I pray that you grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Above all, taking the shield of faith ...

richard.strickland

Luke 11:1-4

1 And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples. 2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. 3 Give us day by day our daily bread. 4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

Webster's 1828 Dictionary

SIN, n.
1. The voluntary departure of a moral agent from a known rule of rectitude or duty, prescribed by God; any voluntary transgression of the divine law, or violation of a divine command; a wicked act; iniquity. Sin is either a positive act in which a known divine law is violated, or it is the voluntary neglect to obey a positive divine command, or a rule of duty clearly implied in such command. Sin comprehends not action only, but neglect of known duty, all evil thoughts purposes, words and desires, whatever is contrary to God's commands or law. 1 John 3. Matt. 15. James 4. Sinner neither enjoy the pleasures of nor the peace of piety. Among divines, sin is original or actual. Actual sin, above defined, is the act of a moral agent in violating a known rule of duty. Original sin, as generally understood, is native depravity of heart to the divine will, that corruption of nature of deterioration of the moral character of man, which is supposed to be the effect of Adam's apostasy; and which manifests itself in moral agents by positive act of disobedience to the divine will, or by the voluntary neglect to comply with the express commands of God, which require that we should love God with all the heart and soul and strength and mind, and our neighbor as ourselves. This native depravity or alienation of affections from God and his law, is supposed to be what the apostle calls the carnal mind or mindedness, which is enmity against God, and is therefore denominated sin or sinfulness. Unpardonable sin, or blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, is supposed to be a malicious and obstinate rejection of Christ and the gospel plan of salvation, or a contemptuous resistance made to the influences and convictions of the Holy Spirit. Matt.12.
2. A sin-offering; an offering made to atone for sin. He hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin. 2 Cor 5.
3. A man enormously wicked. Not in use.
4. Sin differs from crime, not in nature, but in application. That which is a crime against society, is sin against God.