View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd.usa View Post
Well, you know that wine and grape juice are both considered a "fruit of a wine"

In those days, in order to preserve grape juice, people placed the grape Juice in something like animal skin. Over time, the grape juice became wine. As a matter of fact, there is biblical support that Jesus drank wine often on regular basis.

Passoever, is around the begining of April. Jesus had communion with his disciple before the passover. I do not think that back in those days, that it was possible to have grapes fully grown at the beginning of April. So therefore, jesus most likely used wine (a preserved grapejuice). This is why many churches use wine instead of grapejuice. NO, we do not become drunk, in the communion, we use drink about one tablespoon of wine per person.

Actually, this is false. There is a thread on here somewhere that will clear up this false info for you. I think it's in the doctrines section.

As for war. God does not anywhere in the Bible condemn war or self defense. In fact, He does not condemn killing. He condemns murder. There is a big difference. For instance: Say I'm walking down the street with my fiancé and jumps us, puts a gun in our face and tells me to stand back and watch him rape her. Do you honestly think that Jesus condemns responding violently and or/killing him to save her? Absolutely not!! Jesus never condemns self defense, or the defense of others.

As for the terrorists, they sealed their own doom when they attacked and declared war on us. This falls under the self defense category.