View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 01:50 PM
wwjd.usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Mat 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Mar 14:25 Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.

Luk 22:18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

You cannot find a verse in scripture that says the liquid in that cup that was shared was alcoholic wine.

Isa 65:8 Thus saith the LORD, As the new wine is found in the cluster, and one saith, Destroy it not; for a blessing is in it: so will I do for my servants' sakes, that I may not destroy them all.

The only wine that is blessed is the new wine, the fruit of the vine, grape juice.
Well, you know that wine and grape juice are both considered a "fruit of a wine"

In those days, in order to preserve grape juice, people placed the grape Juice in something like animal skin. Over time, the grape juice became wine. As a matter of fact, there is biblical support that Jesus drank wine often on regular basis.

Passoever, is around the begining of April. Jesus had communion with his disciple before the passover. I do not think that back in those days, that it was possible to have grapes fully grown at the beginning of April. So therefore, jesus most likely used wine (a preserved grapejuice). This is why many churches use wine instead of grapejuice. NO, we do not become drunk, in the communion, we use drink about one tablespoon of wine per person.