View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 02:42 AM

Default Good Poll Question.

Hello Rolando! It's good to see you doing some thinking. { Sooo many folks are more concerned with how they "feel", or "what miracle can I get today" , and actual using of the brain cells is rarely done. }

Since you are a newer believer, I have often wondered about how you were doing in your walk... especially since you live in N.Y.C. ( a town not known for Holy living ) , and also you said your family is R.C. --- Things can sometimes get lonely. Keep focused on the things of The Lord. There are several things that will help you.

{ If you know these things already, then good } There are 31 Proverbs. Try reading one each day... maybe at breakfast or at dinner time. Unplug the Phone cord from the wall. If you need more quiet- go into a room nobody else is in and read. Give a listen to some hymnal/psalter music via an online site like Cyber Hymnal... they have the printed words and the audio of the tune - thataway, you can sing along with it. There is so much bad stuff called "music" that can really give you wrong thoughts and is far from helping a young man to follow Christ.

Listen to some good radio broadcasts like "Thru the Bible Radio" with J.Vernon McGee . Good solid stuff. Dr. McGee's motto was "Take the cookies outta the cupboarb and put 'em down where the kiddies can get 'em ". Basic Christianity... one book of the Bible at a time. { His "southern drawl" may take some time for your New York ears to get used to but after awhile I'm sure you'll want to " Get on the Bible bus", where the "rubber meets the road" Look at the T.T.B. website for a radio station near you .

Keep on -keepin' on ! Like the main characters in the book titled "Pilgrims Progress" [ "Christian" and "Faithful" ] stay on The Path.... as they head toward "The Celestial City".