View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 02:41 PM

Thank you very much brother Brandon for fixing the poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kns215 View Post
I personally don't use 'KJV' as much as I use KJB or AV. I guess that's because I read once that MV users changed KJB into KJV just so that it can match with RSV, NIV, ASV, etc. (as if KJV is just 'another translation')
I heard that too. I heard how the modern version users changed the name from Authorized Version to King James Version, just so it could be another version (which praise God it isn't). If I had my own Bible printing press, I would put Authorized Version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB1789
If anyone needs/wants to know who Authorized the translation... they can open up the front of the Bible and read the "Epistle Dedicatory".

Often it confuses several new/baby Christians when they think that a British King translated a Bible... and the Romanists/Jesuits still to this day love to insult the Authorized Version when they sneer out of their mouths: " King James' Bible ".
Brother, I agree you with here. If people get confused about who authorized it, they should check the "Epistle Dedicatory". While I do use King James Bible, I'm actually a little weary to use the name for the reason you pointed out. I'd much rather use Authorized Version, or at least King James Authorized Version.

Anyway, this is just my opinion, and you can feel free to agree with me or not.

Last edited by Rolando; 05-19-2009 at 02:52 PM.