View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
As the originator of the thread, I am qualified to define the purpose of the thread. I began with a poll because it is the simplest way to identify the degree of interest in the question.

I would hope that any (one at this moment-Tony) would expound on the reason why we today should not be baptized.

I would also hope that those of us who recognize the Scriptural mandate for believers to be baptized will back up our belief with evidence. [translate-show Tony the error of his ways and hope that he sees the light ... yeah,right! ]

Finally, I would hope that we who are right will present ourselves in a Godly way in all of our posts.

Be it known to all. I am not a dispensationalist. In this issue, I do not think that it makes a difference unless one falls completely over the dispensational ledge, as it appears that Tony has. [After all, he can't be right about everything! ]
Friends, my exposition on water baptism covers a lot of ground as the practice overlaps several dispensations.

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

God has dealt with his creation, his creatures, us, in different ways at different times. If my comments go off into the OT, Christ's ministry to Israel, before and after the resurrection, the ministry of Peter and then the ministry of Paul, the Great Commission, rightly dividing Paul and then Acts chapter 29, I'd ask you all not get into a heated discussion among yourselves.. Brother George pegged me exactly right: I'm your brother in Christ and all of you are mine(and sisters too). I don't want to start a contention among you. Let's discuss it, and comment as Christian gentlemen and ladies and once it's run out, I trust we'll be even closer and stronger.

I speak directly, not curt, dismissing, condescending, or short. When the topic runs out so do my comments. Grace and peace to you all, let me show what I am made of, and let's show the lurkers and those who drop by for a look what we all are made of.

Brother Tim, to you I want to say yes, it is sometimes so tiresome being right all the time. Woe is me, woe is we, Jesus wept

Tony