View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 10:36 PM

I know I'm not a major contributor on these forums, simply because of two factors: I don't have all the answers (but I do have some!), and secondly, I just can't make enough time in the day to keep on top of such an active forum, especially when each post has so much to think about.
In my former life, I got addicted to a forum for a certain video game clan I played alot, and I became a mainstay there, but that was relatively easy, because the topics were nowhere as meaty. Anyways, I had to quit once I was spending every waking hour on the site. Keeping on top of x number of rich conversations can be exasperating.
(-surely some of you must feel this way sometimes)

Anyways, I'll just put my two cents in on this RonB post:

I agree his entire approach seems like every SDA member I've ever spoken with. What a shame if he is, but we don't know if that's certainly the case.
Most cult members have sincere devotion to trying to please God, they'd make great Christians if they could just rely on the scriptures alone, instead of the cult leaders.
Whenever SDA is discussed, its always about Sabbath observance, but rarely about Ellen White, which actually creates numerous theological and salvational problems for the follower.

Granted, RonB hasn't responded yet, but let's not write him off as running away, because not everyone can live on their PC, perhaps he simply can't get to it yet. Give him some time. Anyone concerned about Sabbath observance clearly didn't come to be concerned over that from any sound-doctrine preacher. If someone came to concern over keeping ONE law, why aren't they equally concerned about ALL laws? And if someone were concerned about all the laws, they would eventually turn to Christ.

Hey, maybe RonB is spending his time in Galatians and Romans, which would be the best place for him at this point. Good scripture was given, and if he asks for more discourse, he can have it here. The best thing we can do is explain the Christian's justification by Christ's complete atonement, but even better, we should pray for him.

By the way, Diligent, (and you must be, to be forum moderator!), might I ask about your avatar? is that really you? is that some baptist preacher?
Perhaps it swings newcomer's perception of your responses, when your doing your job of moderating, of course, they seem to take offense too easily.
Could be just them, but could the avatar be adding a little tension?