View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandi View Post
I have been on the fence about this issue, leaning more towards the Gap theory......until Geologist mentioned Cain being the offspring of the Serpent! That, and the teaching that Noah's flood did not leave even one fossil has turned me the other direction.

Winman, I agree with your points in this post and thank you for making them.

Shalom,

Tandi
I'm sorry to hear that. I wonder which upset your more, the comment about the serpent or the lack of fossils from Noah's flood?

I know I am on firm footing about Noah's flood and fossils, but I will admit that the other issue is a very dark doctrine. But consider these facts:

1. Satan appears throughout the Bible in many forms:

Revelation 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

2. He can even appear as an angel:

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

3. Angels always appear as men, WITHOUT WINGS:

Daniel 9:21 Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.

see also:

Revelation 21:17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.

Therefore, it is not beyond possibility that the "serpent" appeared to Eve in the form of a man, and probably a handsome one at that.

Thank about it.