View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
I agree with you. But the thing to stress is that we all should be doing something. There is no excuse to do nothing. I at least keep tracts in my pocket at all times and I leave them in the soda drop in soda machines, pay phones, under peoples windshield whipers, in restrooms, etc. The point is to get the gospel out there. Street preaching is one way to do that, but it tends to be very condemning and repulsive to folks (though this isn't the case with all street preachers, mostly the James Lyman croud). This is why I think door to door soulwinning is a great way to get the gospel out there. Also brother Luke explained to me what letter boxing is and I think that it is another great way to get the gospel out there (though I think this is illegal in the USA, therefore leaving a tract and invitation on the doorknob is advisable! ^_^), and it's a good way for shy folks (like myself!).

Peace and Love,
Stephen
I agree with everything you say here, my friend. My only contention I have ever had are with some people in the past who took it to an extreme degree. Like leaving a wife at home after appendix surgery, still fighting an infection. Another group rose up in arms that I was writing tracts. "There are plenty of good tracts available.". Not on Jesus Only/Oneness Pentecostals. Not a one, matter of fact. So I wrote one after researching their beliefs.

We had one charming lady in church who placed tracts in 12 packs and cases of beer. Another pair of kids got the idea to put tracts in helium balloons, after renting a tank of helium. They did like 500 balloons, maybe 4000 tracts. That is a GREAT way to get kids interested in witnessing and evangelism. Of course, the ballons go up, I think 10,000 feet and pop, the tracts rain down. They may catch a headwind and travel thousands of miles. The myriad ways of witnessing and getting the gospel is limited only by the number of Christians to be sent forth, and there are many ingenius ways of witnessing and giving out tracts, as posted above. Have a meeting at your church, have young people, bring up the idea of the balloons. Have a thorough discussion on ways to get tracts out, as the lady with her 12 Pack Ministry. She got results

My main thrust is cults and hardcases you meet on the street. Give them a tract, if they respond badly, that's an infinitely better sign than them taking it, thanking you, moving on and throwing the tract down and maybe being in hell for breakfast the next day. On the street, do not impede their travel, but if they want to stop and fuss with you, you have them interested. Be polite. If they shovel you down woth feces, stay polite. We had rocks, bottles, baggies with unidentified liquids thrown at us, we took that for a sign we were doing RIGHT. Peter said if you suffer persecution for doing right, then you must be on the right track, you touched a nerve.

A bountiful harvest to you Stephen. Plant the seeds, another wil water, God will give the increase for His glory.

Grace and Peace

Tony Bones