Thread: Dinosaurs
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusionznc View Post
Like I said, I'm no scientist, but to say there is "no way" it could rain enough rain to cover Mt. Everest is dangerously underestimating what God can do. I dont think any of us could possibly fathom the power of God. Nor would I want to place myself into a position to assume such.
1) It's been calculated that such a large amount of rain would produce enough eat energy to fry the globe. Perhaps God suspended the Laws of nature (Thermodynamics) for the Flood, but I find that extremely hard to believe.

2) According to Kent Hovind's presentation, there are closed, petrified clams on top of Mt. Everest; they would only get that way if they were buried alive in mud or other sediment, not just water. (This points to the Himalayas being created after the flood deposited the clams there.)

Basically, it's a physical impossibility, and there is hard evidence (there and other places) that the mountain ranges we have today were created by catastrophic plate movement. Perhaps this is the point where the plates of the earth's crust were broken up , then smashed around, creating mountains.

Like some have said, the Bible will not fly in the face of true science, and vice versa: God created science, and anything that is true will just line up with the Bible. Other than in miracles (creating something from nothing etc.), God does not break or suspend the Laws of Thermodynamics and Physics, so everything that He brought about in the Bible can and eventually (probably in eternity) will be understood by science.