View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Post by George

God's words are in no way dependent upon us for legitimacy or efficacy.

OUR FAITH DOES COME FROM BOOKS - BOOKS that can only be found in the Holy Bible. As a matter of fact - Our faith is totally dependent on the BOOKS of the Bible.

God's words are "ALIVE" and the Holy Spirit uses them to "quicken" us at the moment of our salvation.

[1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which LIVETH and abideth for ever.]
Amen George! God's Words are alive and life giving. How important are these words(whether we receive them or not)!

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Our attitude and response to the Bible concerning salvation, sanctification, and ALL issues of life IS important. The consequences are eternal. There is NO gospel (or truth) apart from the Scriptures.

Romans 10:17 So then FAITH COMETH by hearing, and hearing BY THE WORD OF GOD.

1 Peter 1:23 Being BORN AGAIN, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, BY THE WORD OF GOD, which liveth and abideth for ever.

(Not of CORRUPTBLE men's words.)

Luke 8:11
Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it NOT AS THE WORD OF MEN, but as it is in truth, the WORD OF GOD, which EFFECTUALLY WORKETH also in you that believe.

Psalms 119:41 VAU. Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even thy SALVATION, ACCORDING TO THY WORD.

Psalms 119:81 CAPH. My soul fainteth for thy salvation: but I HOPE in THY WORD.

Psalms 119:130 The entrance of THY WORDS giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.

John 5:39
Search THE SCRIPTURES; for IN THEM ye think ye have ETERNAL LIFE: and they are they which testify of me.

Acts 18:28
For he mightily convinced the Jews, and that publickly, shewing BY THE SCRIPTURES that Jesus was Christ.

John 20:31 But THESE ARE WRITTEN, that ye might BELIEVE that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

James 1:18 Of his own will BEGAT HE US WITH THE WORD OF TRUTH, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

James 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and RECEIVE with meekness the ENGRAFTED WORD, which is ABLE TO SAVE YOUR SOULS.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you THE GOSPEL which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 BY WHICH YE ALSO YE ARE SAVED, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES:

Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY WORD that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Psalms 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast MAGNIFIED THY WORD above all thy name.