View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 05:49 PM

Kiwi Christian: --- Good Post/Good Points!

Hope the Thread Starter reads it... It should be helpful to all.

Illustration time ---- My "Personal Conviction" is that Mint-N-Chip Ice Cream is the best Ice Cream. 20 years ago I liked Chocolate Chip the best, and before that Chocolate was mine... Now, there are some misguided souls ( like my Mom) who will ruin a perfectly good gallon of Ice Cream by putting Black Walnuts in it, or worse; marshmallows and desicrate it beyond all repair.

Does that mean I should say that Mom was a bad person...? Nope, it just means that I should make sure the freezer is stocked with my favorite flavor! Capeche ?

Another thought/Remembrance that might be helpful to the Thread Starter (Thomas) has to do with a Church matter. Several years back I was one of the Sunday School teachers and member of the Board of Directors (They didn't call it a Deacon/Elder Board) of a Church of the Nazarene in So.Cal.. There was a motion during one of the meetings to repaint the Church exterior. It had been a dark white/light biege sort of color with blue doors/door frames.

The proposed color scheme was "Mauve and Teal"...Well as I said in the meeting: ... "I know that a Teal is a breed of Duck, but what is a "Mauve"...? Turns out it was a very ugly dark-dirty pink color... UGH!!
I voted NO but the proposal was passed. We wound-up with a dark pink Church with blue-green doors... UUGGLLEEEE !!!

My "personal conviction" is/was that sane people with normal color-vision would not pull their car into the parking lot to visit us with that ugly exterior... But neither I, nor the other Board members (the color-blind ones) could point to a Bible Verse that tells us what color to paint the church building with... Therefore you have to use "horse sense" sometimes...

Last edited by PB1789; 01-11-2009 at 06:16 PM.