View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 07:52 AM

The Bible says in Ephesians 2:10 "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." After we get saved, we most certainly are expected to serve God with our whole heart: if He gave the greatest sacrifice known to mankind, then how can we neglect to give Him everything we have?

The problem enters when Christians look at someone who has a testimony of Salvation, and says they must not be saved since they haven't surrendered to Christ as their Lord. True, we SHOULD surrender, and that's what God desires of His children, but to add that to Salvation, and claim that someone who doesn't show signs of surrender can't be saved is clearly adding to the Gospel of our Lord.

I'm not negating the importance of service: I'm simply pointing out that requiring that in addition to Faith for Salvation is what Paul would call "Another gospel," i.e. Paul Washer, Ray Comfort, etc. They have some good stuff, but they tend to overemphasize works.