View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 10:43 AM

δοξα - glory. Interesting.

When I was running a board at www.Ruckmanites.com (currently offline), I experienced a very unwelcome deluge of Bible correctors and assorted idiots that caused nothing but trouble. As a result, I created a "no-holds-barred" area of the forum where everyone was allowed, but restricted their user group to that area so they couldn't interfere with our fellowship. I never actually banned anyone; two or three of them got out of hand enough that I muted them, but the only person that was banned was banned by another moderator.

I don't like the banishment idea so much, mainly because at the time the interlopers were all making snide remarks about my forum on another board (which just so happens to be a cesspool of idiocy and corruption), and I didn't want to give them Martyrs' Syndrome. It seemed to work out for the best at the time; I don't know if that would be something that you could employ, but I figured I'd at least give my opinion from my past experiences.

(p.s. brother, if you need help, I'm available; I know I'm really new here, and there are others more experienced than I, but I'm available to give you a hand if you so choose.)