View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 09:03 AM

Default Re: "Alexandrian Texts"

Aloha brother Steven (peopleoftheway),

Thanks for the info and your comments. The difference between a genuine Bible believer and a Bible denier comes shining through for all to see, when we behold Posts like yours and other Bible believers on the Forum and those "Christians" who come here bent on casting doubt on God's words, and who would have us believe that there is NO BOOK on earth that is God's Holy word without error.

Although I am the "old curmudgeon", I am not so old that (when I was a boy) Printing was done i.e. "set" by hand (each individual letter by letter - as in the 1,400's, 1,500's, 1,600's, 1,700's, 1,800's and even into the early 1,900's).

I took up printing in high school (1955-57), and we actually "set type" (metal - not wood) "by hand" using a "California Job Case", where each word was made up by taking (by hand) each individual letter and placing them together (by hand) to form each word {An operation (mostly mechanical) which was quite susceptible to "printing errors"; which, because I have actually done these things, I have a personal understanding as to how and why these so-called "errors" occurred}.

I also worked as a "Printer-Linotype Operator on a Newspaper (The Garden Island) on the Island of Kauai (1961-65), where they still used the "California Job Case" ("hand type") for some of the Ads (fancy "type faces", i.e. "Fonts") in the Newspaper, and for small Printing Jobs. Printing "errors" are meaningless to me. The fact that a word is misspelled, or is, or isn't, capitalized may be of some import to "gnat strainers" - but, having "been there, and done that", I understand HOW these so-called "errors" came about, and personally they have never "bothered" me much; and I am sure that they haven't "bothered" our God that much either, seeing how He has blessed the use of ALL King James Bibles (regardless of "misspellings").

Since most of the younger generation of "Christians" have NO IDEA how Printing was accomplished in days gone by, they "think" that all things must be like they are today (with all of our modern "conveniences"), and so they have absolutely NO UNDERSTANDING as to "HOW" words could have been misspelled, and so they CRITICIZE God's Holy words in the King James Bible because of their IGNORANCE. They are in a word - "HYPER-CRITICAL"!

"Ignorance is bliss", when it comes to some matters; but when it comes to criticizing the Holy words of God, "ignorance" is no longer bliss, it is a "curse" (for those who "criticize") and "stumbling block" (for those who "stumble" at what the Gnat strainers say).

One of the "proofs" of our love for our Lord is IF WE "KEEP" HIS "WORDS", the modern day Bible deniers are going to have a day of it at the "Judgment Seat of Christ" trying to convince the KING of Kings and LORD of Lords that they "NEVER had His words - because they NEVER could find them"!

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.