Thread: Bible College
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Walker's book on Dispensationalism

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKG View Post
I'm pretty sure David Walker attended Ruckman's Bible school. Does his book pretty much mirror Ruckman's teaching on dispensationalism? Does it give additional information or go more in depth. I believe dispensationalism is the only way to rightly divide God's Word and you'll never fully understand God's until you understand rightly dividing. I had seen Walker's book advertised on another site and had considered getting it.

Aloha brother,

David Walker gives a short history of Dispensationalism and the men who believed and taught it (very early on). He also writes about "hyper" or "ultra" Dispensationalism (Greek & Latin for the same thing).

He gives a good overview of most of the major variations involved in the doctrine of Dispensationalism.

This book is not like Bullinger's or Stam's works - tedious, pedantic, and "dry as dust". It's a good read and easy to understand, and I highly recommend it, whether a person is familiar with Dispensationalism, or whether they are looking for an excellent introductory work.

I know nothing about Walker's personal history, but I will say that his book is very informative - without getting "lost" in the speculations, suppositions, and opinions that often accompany works on Dispensationalism.