Thread: Love & Race
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kns215 View Post
I am sorry for not being clear, bro Brendon.
I meant that "Is it guaranteed that those major/minor problems that are usually caused by differences in race, nation, or culture will not occur, as long as the house has the Bible as final authority?"
What problems are those? I have a hunch that the problems you are thinking of are cultural, not "racial."

I can not think of anything that makes a black man incompatible with a white woman in a marriage before God. They can be one flesh. They can submit themselves to Christ. The woman can submit herself to her husband, and the husband can love his wife. What's their skin color got to do with it?

Even cultural issues are not "deal breakers." As I implied before, I think a Christian American man will have an easier time finding a wife willing to submit herself to him in a different culture. American culture teaches the lie that men and woman are no different in their roles. Despite other problems in other cultures, there are still cultures left where the difference between a man and a woman is understood and respected. This, to me, would be a far bigger issue than how dark her skin is.

Quote:
Edit: Sorry for another question. Would this issue be doctrinal issue or just general issue in Christian "lifestyle"?
There is no "doctrine" of "race mixing" in the Bible. People who want to make color a disqualification in marriage are inventing a doctrine that doesn't exist.