View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Brother Brandon, recently I've heard from a "Calvinist" that what Titus 2:11 actually means is that God's grace has indeed appeared to all men but that to the "elect" He gives a special saving grace that is irresistible. Of course, he could offer no scripture to support that teaching. I am really burdened for this young man who will not, by faith, simply believe what the Bible says. Instead, like all Calvinists he twists and adds to the word of God in order to make it fit his theology. I've noticed they (the Calvinists) are really consistent with promoting this false doctrine once they've sunk there teeth into it and it's very difficult to discuss scripture that is in clear opposition to there view.

In a recent post Brother George referred to a young Pastor in the late sixties that he knew who had several commentaries laid out when preparing a sermon instead of simply studying the word of truth. I immediately thought of this young preacher boy who does the exact same thing. He has books and commentaries of known "Calvinists" opened up when preparing a sermon. I counseled him to put the books down and to simply pour his life into the word of God and hear from God.
Amen Brother!
There is a powerful message to be delivered when a man of God submits to the word of God and lets the Spirit speak and not the "commentator".

By the way it is great to see you posting more lately, I will send you an email soon, I have been lacking there Brother recently and I pray the Lord is working wonders through your life.

God Bless