View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 06:14 PM

Moses not only represents the Law but he is also a prophet. Both Moses and the LORD agree that Moses was a Prophet Duet 18:15, 18. so representing the Law and being a prophet is no proof that Moses and Elijah will be the two witnesses.

the Only claimed sound biblical proof text are verses that show similar acts of signs and Miracles the LORD will do during the great tribulation. Neither man is mentioned by name. Elijah is said to come to pave the way for the Lord and that was done in John the Baptist and Jesus Clarified that point. But many do not, as Jesus said want "to receive it". Matt 11:7 A prophet like unto Moses came in the person of Jesus.

Now Why is it everyone speculates that these two witnesses will be or must be Elijah and Moses? only because of the no rain, water to blood and plagues? that is no proof in and of itself.

Many make Mal4:4 a two part prophecy but it need not be. for John the Baptist did indeed turn the hearts of the Fathers to their children and the Lord came without wrath. It is clear that the visitation of the Lord was two part but only after the crucifixion. but because of that we don't need to make Mal 4:4 two part just because the Lord's visitation is two part.

So any clear scriptures that can show that Elijah and Moses will indeed be the two witnesses then we can all agree. other wise the Lord is able to prepare to unknowns Like John the Baptist. who Jesus said was Elijah to come.

Now I am saying this not to say I am right but we have a tendency to try and put things in boxes and the Miracles, signs and wonder of Rev11:6 is not proof that it is Elijah and Moses. Most like me learned it from Scholars.

Can some one post the OT reference addresses to the Prophecies of Elijah and Moses coming in the last days.

I am open to what ever the Lord wants me to know concerning the two witnesses but for some reason he chose not to reveal them.

Last edited by chette777; 06-24-2009 at 06:24 PM.