Thread: SWORD Wars
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 03:30 PM

Default Re: "Sword Wars"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
Doxa:

I'm new here, and am not sure if you are referring to me, as I do like to use lots of Scripture when explaining my position.

I keep in mind the example Jesus set, using Scripture to refute what the Pharisees and scribes (and even Satan!) would say, often saying "Have you not read..?" or "It is written..."

Paul did the same thing, using Scripture to prove his point.

If someone disagrees with my position, they are welcome to show me, from God's word, why they believe what they believe, and why they think that I am mistaken.

Aloha sister Here I Am,

Don't worry or fret sister - Doxa is not referring to you or Steve (POTW). I'm sure she is referring to me and the Post I made (AV1611 Forums > Doctrine > Salvation = Faith + Works? > Page 3 > Post #22) in reference to some comments she made on the Forum.

I am not going to hang up my SWORD for some Humanistic "Bean Bag" or "Electronic Tazer"! God gave us only ONE Offensive Weapon, and if Doxa wants to object to my using it, that's her privilege. If her husband wants to "dismiss" all contending for the faith (with the Sword of the Spirit) as "Sword Wars", a waste of time, or divisive, that's his privilege. But if we have come to the place and time where "plain talk" is considered divisive or using the Scriptures in bolstering one's position is "UNFAIR" - that's another thing altogether.

This kind of argument only bolsters my point about just how far Humanistic Psychiatry and Psychology has infiltrated the "thinking" of Christians today. There is no "NICE" way to point out continual error. We are warned in the Holy Scriptures against tolerating just a little bit of "leaven".

1 Corinthians 5:6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

Galatians 5:9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

Are we to countenance error and false doctrine in order to "get along"? I trow not!

Ephesians 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth
10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

Not everyone who comes to this Forum comes for the fellowship, or to edify, or to be edified. Some Christians that come to this Forum are "novices" in the Scriptures (and have little or no idea about what they are talking about) and, more often than not, their lives are ruled by "feelings" and personal "opinion" - rather than by the Holy Scriptures :

Hebrews 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

As a matter of fact - Not everyone who comes to this Forum is a Christian. There are false "prophets"; false teachers; and false brethren, and we must be beware of them. For it is they who spread false doctrine; leaven; and division - not those of us who are sincerely seeking the truth of God's word and who are earnestly contending for the faith!

I for one, am not going to allow Doxa to hang a "guilt trip" on me, just because her "feelings" get "hurt" by PLAIN TALK. I will not allow the world (or well-meaning Christians) muzzle me, just because they "feel uncomfortable" with the way I express myself.

The Lord Jesus Christ never "beat around the bush" with false doctrine or false teachers. Peter, James, John, and Paul were never "mealy mouthed" about error, leaven, false teachings, or false doctrine. The Apostle Paul said we are to "Follow" him:

Philippians 3:17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

2 Thessalonians 3:7
For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;

2 Thessalonians 3:9
Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.

1 Timothy 1:15
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

The apostle Paul never once "shirked" his duty to defend sound doctrine (regardless of how the brethren "felt" about it.), and since he is to be my "pattern" and "example" and not some "nice", "sweet", "loving", "non-judgmental" modern pastor or preacher, I am determined to follow him (come what may). Since Paul is to be my "pattern", I am going to obey his teaching and not some Humanistic "drivel" that proceeds out of the mouth of so many Christians today.

Titus 2:7 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
8 Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.

I could have gone through each and every one of Doxa's latest Posts and pointed out the faulty thinking and error in what she has said, instead (just in case anyone thinks that I'm being too "harsh") I would ask you to review her last few Posts (or all of them - if your inclined) and see how often she inserts her own "private opinion" into the mix. Who is this woman who is "lecturing" us on LOVE; and rightly dividing; and on Christian conduct; etc.; etc.; etc.; anyway? {Job 38:2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?}

Whatever a person "thinks", or "feels", is of no concern of mine. I want to know: WHAT SAITH THE SCRIPTURE! I want to know what God has to say about an issue - there are enough "opinions" out there that have literally filled thousands of books.

I am not to live by man's (or woman's) words - I am to live by God's words. [Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.]. I refuse to "temper" my speech in order to please someone who relegates the words of God to only those things that they personally "feel" they apply to, and who dismisses any other use of them to "cutting" and "pasting" to "suit oneself".

The word of God can have very little effect on someone who lightly "dismisses" any of them that they don't "like" or "agree" with.

Last edited by George; 10-07-2008 at 03:39 PM.