View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 05:09 PM
BrianT

Hi all,

Quote:
The English word is singular in this verse. Moreover, since the King James Bible is right (for various reasons) it must be giving the true sense of the true original.
That is a circular argument, and also means scripture was in error until the KJV "corrected" this error.

Quote:
Even the context shows that it is single.
Unless the first verse is an overview of what the next two chapters talk about.

Quote:
By what authority (other than personal conviction) can you supply, whereby all true believers may be certainly convinced that the objective truth is that "heaven" is (apparently) missing a letter "s"?
I do not pretend my view is authoritative. However, if using a plural is wrong, than scripture was broken for millennia, which I cannot accept. Also, it means the KJV is not a preservation of scripture, but a correction of scripture. The NKJV agrees with the Hebrew in this verse, and I cannot call it an error without saying scripture was always in error. If you can do that, that's your choice, but I don't see why my reluctance to say scripture was always in error until 1611 causes some here to oppose me, and take threads off topic just so they can be spiritually condescending, call me names and misrepresent my views.

God bless,
Brian