Thread: My Avatar
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandi View Post

I hope disputes can be resolved without banning. I hope differing points of view can be expressed here freely so that discussion and learning can take place.

I hope I am not out of line in expressing my thoughts.

Shalom,

Tandi
Sure disputes can be resolved in a spirit of love, truth, forbearance, and kindness. But let me quote again:

Quote:
1 Timothy 6:4-5 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

And I shall.
This, in my opinion, is not a small matter. It's serious to accuse a brother of being being proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, and causing envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings. He has falsely accused Brother George of perverse disputings and a corrupt mind. And worst of all...destitute of the truth. Listen to those words! I'm not taking up offense for Brother George. He is not a defenseless babe in Christ.

Sister Tandi, to me it is clear that Brother Geologist is accusing a brother of being the things mentioned in 1 Timothy 6. I'm fine when people disagree. But to use the word of God in order to attack the character of another brother "personally" and falsely...stirs my inner man. As difficult as it is, I believe this type of behavior merits that we withdraw ourselves from such a one as a visible reproof and love of the truth.