Thread: Rapture Studies
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
Do you have a reason to connect these two passages?

Every rapture in the Bible is God removing the "good guys" and leaving the bad. So why would God switch at the end of the Tribulation and remove the "bad guys"?

Don't get me wrong, Matt 24 is not describing the rapture of the Bride of Christ. It is describing the rapture of Jewish Christians right before the end of the Tribulation. The end of the Tribulation is Armageddon not the rapture of unrighteous people. God removes the unrighteous by stomping them out at Armageddon (Is 63:1-6).

Also, Matt 13:30 says that God will "gather the wheat into my barn." That is the Rapture during the Tribulation.
This is true, but I believe there are actually two groups of people alluded to in that passage:

Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

1st group are likened to those who perished in the flood of Noah, these are the unsaved in the Tribulation, and I believe they are destroyed by the judgments poured out upon the earth and its inhabitants by God during the great Trib. It's the wrath of God that will "take them all away", not a rapture, unlike the 2nd group.

2nd group are the Trib saints who are raptured out in Revelation 11:12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.