Thread: Deuteronomy
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 07:19 PM

It is a flawed argument, simular as to the dress code many try to influence upon others. This belief of a beard is one of many muslims defending their belief in not shaving. God wants us to represent Him. Look presentable and try not to cause any one to use your clothing as an issue they might not want to serve Christ. According to Biblical standards, most clothing purchased would not be acceptable due to the weaving of seperate materials. The Law has been fulfiled, praise God, and we are not under the law. We still are representatives of Christ and we should live and dress as such. for worship a person do whatever it takes to dress appropriatly for worship. Our best available. I have prayed to God before because I wanted to be more presentable in working in ministries like junior church and sunday school. I was given some of the finest cloths I ever had through prayer and desire to worship with example. Now I look for others who have this desire and try to help. We have preachers graduating from our college and some do not have a decent suit. A suit is not neccesarry to do Gods will but now I look for chances to help them because they deserve to look apporpriatly for their position. Not standing behind ther pulpit but in the world we may not have the same conditions to need a suit. We should still look the part of a christian.