Thread: Deuteronomy
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 02:28 PM

Default Why is it always about pants?

I have heard this argument a few times and what I know is that the Bible clearly indicates that a man should not wear what appears to be a womans and a woman should not wear that which pertains to a man. Pants is the big thing in question among christians because pants was always seen as something made for a man. I understand this. I also realize that there are many differences in a womans pair of pants and a mans. It is very noticable when I see boys wearing girls pants. For some reason this is supposed to be a fashion for awhile. Even though they are pants I think it is wrong for a man to wear girls pants, though one could say that pants are for men and they should be able to wear them. How about the fact that button-up shirts was only something that women wore at one time. It was a fashion designed for ladies and eventually mens shirts began to include buttons all the way up it. Given the argument that a women would be sinning against God if she wore pants, wouldnt a man be sinning if he wore a button up shirt? According to this philosophy then he would be. Men would say thats hogwash and a button up shirt does not make me look like a women.(sounds like what mkost women say about pants, right?) How about the argument that the smooth skin on a ladies face is a trait that men are looking for when they shave. God gave men hair on their face and removing the hair makes them take on the qualities of a woman. This is something the Bible says we should not do right?
These are things I have learned in discussing this topic and I feel that no matter male or female we are to emulate Christ and what he wants us to look like. Ask yourself, after learning about my dress would God want me to wear this garmet in showing others about Him? Realize a man can sin by putting on a tuxedo if he is doing it to gain glory for himself.
I personally say that I will do my best to represent Christ, even with my clothing and do my best not to try and offend anyone even though this is impossible.
God Blesses those who serve Him,