Thread: Deuteronomy
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 05:12 PM

Aloha Jerry,

This is in reply to your above post (59) and sort of Lei-kjvonly post (55). My examples were not hypothetical.

When Our Lord gave us the farm we were so blessed. We had a place to live, and a way to supplement George's income. The family prayed, worked, played and ate together. We lived in the most beautiful spot in Hanalei and I was back on the land I was raised on.

I am glad that you used the word "perhaps". Perhaps women were not meant to do some of the work I did, I only see that God provided a way for me to be a helpmate. I could work on the farm and be with the children (six at the time) and not have to seek work away from home. Working on a farm can be a great blessing. It is a good way to train your children to be thankful for the things that God has created.

Jerry, if you have never seen anything grow from seed, take some time and plant a potted plant and put it on your window sill. Watch this plant grow and take root, watch it flower and then slowly watch it die, and you understand many of the wonderful lessons God teaches us in the Bible. I am closer to My Lord now that I am in the fading years of my life, I don't have to struggle and work so hard. Now that we have more time we can devote more time to Him.

In Christ Love,
Irene