View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 08:00 PM

Hi Folks,

I thank the Lord Jesus for the discussion of "study to shew..". I learned a lot by looking more closely at God's word and I have learned more about the way a Bible corrector thinks and how he convinces himself that he is doing a good work to be mired in confusion and to struggle against the word of God.

There is a factual comment I will make, about the Ecclesiastes use of study.

Quote:
Originally Posted by againstheresie
KJV in Ecclesiastes disproves---Ecclesiastes was written in Hebrew.
Quite obviously the issue there is not the Hebrew, or any Greek, it is the English resultant sentence and the margin note in English as well. Both of which demonstrated the word 'study' in English, clearly opposed to your repeated false assertions that the English word in 1611 meant diligence, not study in our current sense. The fact that you cannot fathom something so clear and simple in English (!) is very telling.

And yes, your argumentation did speak for itself, sadly. That is why I conjecture you picked this argument up off a website.

And the fact that you threw out alternate words for Paul without any Bible checking of those words was very telling. And then your refusal to even address that very question (how and why did you suggest those words, why do you think they fit, do you see the problem) when asked three separate times .. you demonstrated a complete non-responsiveness, a lack of diligence and clarity and you wrote other things (often blind repetition) without showing a basic dialogue and analysis integrity.

So you now respond by declaring your own diligence to the forum, a claim that is a brazen nothing when your actual writings through the thread are seen.

And thus, my noting of improper motives was deliberate, carefully considered, and only after having seen your actual modus operandi multiple times.

Man in his flesh proclaims his own righteousness. You declare intensely your own diligence, rightness, soundness, desire for truth -- yet the gaps and difficulties and confusions are very apparent.

Proverbs 20:6
Most men will proclaim every one his own goodness:
but a faithful man who can find?

Shalom,
Steven

Last edited by Steven Avery; 04-29-2008 at 08:09 PM.