View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie View Post
Quote Beth: I agree that Revangelist and Mikie were polite. this seemed to change when I asked for interpretation of 1 Corinthians 14:20-22. and keep in mind, I never got an answer and looks as though I never will.

Joel Osteen is also polite, but that doesn't mean he does not cause harm to the name of Christ by preaching false doctrine.

All we were asking was for them to back up their preaching.

I'm new here and made myself familiar with this thread. Beth, I think you are in error, maybe not by you convictions, but by your assault. I have Baptist, Methodist and Pentecostal friends. I have places where I disagree with them in regards as to how they interpret Scripture. However, your speech was just shy of an interrogation. I don't think your interpretations are the standard. If I were in revangelist and pastor mikey's shoes, I would have walked away from you long ago. You are not someone I would want to converse with for very long. Just because you disagree with those two doesn't automatically place them in the "false teacher" category.

It also looks like if they would have answered you about 1st Corinthians 14, you would have still said the same things to and about them. You need to learn to show a little grace to those who disagree with you. After all, the Lord has been patient with you when you were a "little off" in your understanding of the Bible.

Yes, you should contend for the faith, and yes you should use the Bible to test everything. But YOU ARE NOT THE STANDARD FOR TRUTH AND ERROR. If I was choosing between being Baptist or Pentecostal based on this thread (and of course that wouldn't be wise, but just for arguments' sake), I would go Pentecostal because they don't seem as quarrelsome and haughty.
It looks like you feel I need some correction. I'm open to this, if you would give me some specific examples. I did have questions as to both Revangelists and Mikie's posts and at the time I really tried to ask these questions as gingerly as possible.

Earlier on we were told that we just interpreted scripture differently and while Revangelist brought up different verses in 1 Cor 14, I thought I could ask for an interpretation of 1 Cor 14:20-22. I did not get an answer, I was only told that by asking for the interpretation that I was trying to start a fight. I do hold someone with the title Pastor to higher standards, so I guess it looks like I was being too hard on Mikie.

If you have the time please look at how the progression of the discussion took place and let me know where I went wrong. I did pray about it and in my heart I felt I was wrong to come out and call Mikie a false teacher and have already apologized for that.

I do want to learn from my brethren, so please be specific. So far when I receive criticism, I get no specifics and I'm not sure where I went wrong. post 95 is where I first asked for an interpretation of 1 Cor 14:20-22. and I haven't yet received an answer. so if it looks like I was brow beating, what I was trying to do was get an answer and you might notice that Mikie has not interpreted any scripture on this thread, so I think it is unfair for you to say that even if he would have interpreted this for me then I would have still had a problem, since I don't know how you could know that.

I really did want to challenge him to look at 1 Cor 14 in it's entirety verse by verse. This is where we all get into problems is when we have our favorite verses that we isolate. I believe that we as Christians we should be able to challenge one another with scripture, to study and show ourselves approved. I would not debate with non-believers in this way, so I also thinks it's unfair to tell me that I am pushing non-believers away from Christ, as I have been told several times.

Look at what the Pentecostal movement has done to the name of Christ. When I watch movies and in the movie the intent is to mock the Christian Church, which denomination do I see portrayed? It's usually a group that is jumping up and down and rolling around on the floor laughing, not to mention the strange babblings coming out of their mouth. It makes me ill to see Christs name defamed using their example. So yes, some of us our zealous in protecting the name of Christ.