View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Mikie View Post
Concomitant? Yikes! I really did a typo. I meant incompetent. I've decided to go ahead and complete my thesis. But, as of right now, I won't be posting on this forum any longer. I'm kind of out of place here. I admire your convictions about the Biblical Standard and testing all things by Scriputure. I have the same convictions. What I don't care for is the obnoxiousness that has come from so many. If I wasn't a Christian, this forum would have turned me off from becoming one, because some Christians get so brutal in their defense. We have a ministry of reconciliation, not search and destroy. Defending the Word is one thing, But doing it self-righteously is quite another. Maybe I'm missing the point of a forum, so, I've noticed revangelist isn't posting anymore, I won't either.
I'm sorry to see you go.

I wonder what an example of obnoxious is to you? For us to be self righteous we would have to be talking of our own righteousness as a way to heaven. If we boldly speak the Word of God, then this is not being self righteous.

I do know God's Word is powerful. It has convicted me over and over again.

I must just point out that the gospel of Jesus Christ is offensive to those perishing. The seeker sensitive movement has watered down the gospel message so they won't appear as you have described many of us on this forum appear. They want to make the gospel message more appealing to the world and what happens is they become the world. A little leaven, leaveneth the whole lump.

I am much more comfortable having discussions with those that boldly preach the Word of God without being ashamed of the gospel message. For someone that is lost to come to Christ they must first come to the end of themselves and this is not always a warm and fuzzy process. and it's the only way to be reconciled to God. Repentance and trusting in the atoning work of Jesus Christ.

I have left forums where the liberal Christianity made me crazy. So I can understand leaving if you don't feel you are having fellowship with like minded Christians.