View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 01:55 AM

Hello Pastor Pat, welcome.

Quote:
But don't loose sight that although you may say it isn't important where Gipp got his degree, he thinks it is important. He is the one who puts that title by his name. To put that title by your name makes you accountable to the body of Christ to expect an answer as to where you received it.
If Brother Gipp, feels its important to have the letters after his name, that is his concern, I don't know him, I know some of his work, this forum is av1611.com not Samgipp.com so I couldn't say otherwise. The reason this thread stirred up much controversy is the belief that some folks have that in order to be a Pastor / teacher / Evangelist a degree is needed or some kind of formal qualification to go out and "Preach the word" and this is just not the case.
If Sam Gipp feels it is important to him and his ministry to have those letters after his name, that is between him and the Lord if his doctrine is sound. If anyone is really concerned about his use of ThD after his name I suggest they email the man direct and ask him.
If the man preaches the word in all truth and teaches sound doctrine, it does not concern me where the letters after his name came from.

Titus 2:1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine: