View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 07:55 AM

Israel is the light to the Gentiles. They are also a stiffnecked people, a picture of us as sinners, whom God is longsuffering towards, that we should all come to salvation.(2 Pet 3:9)
He uses Israel :

"To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house" (Isaiah 42:6)

"I will also give thee(Israel) for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth." (Isaiah 49:6)

"yet now (us-we) have obtained mercy through their(Israel's) unbelief" (Rom 11:30)

"For God hath concluded them all in unbelief: that he might have mercy upon all." (Rom 11:32)

"through their(Israel's) fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy" (Rom 11:11)
"that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in" (v. 25)

"But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away."(2 Cor 3:14-16)

Israel shall be saved after God's plan to the Gentiles is complete thus far.

"And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins." (Rom 11:26-27)

God's eternal plan is through Israel.