Thread: Dr. Ruckman
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 07:49 PM
ok.book.guy

Dr. Peter Ruckman has many positives. In fact, I am so helped by his positives that I overlook his many blemishes to take advantage of his positives. He is devisive and I wish he were not. His protege, Dr. Sam Gipp is just terrific! So that's a good way to get the benefit of Ruckman's gifts. I am the only person whom I know personally that will listen to him. I generally will not mention his name at all. I like to give credit where credit is due. I offered some information at a church dinner which I obtained from reading Ruckman. It was very well received. But then I cited my source. It just put a damper on the whole dinner. We were hosting an evangelist and his family and they really cut loose on Ruckman. I have a number of his books (KJV defense only) and several of his videos (again KJV defense only). And I have a number of his audio files (KJV defense and prophecy) and he is very good on that material.

His negatives in addition to his ingracious speech includes his Hyper-Dispensationalism.

Now here is where I appreciate Ruckman the most. He is one of the very very few KJV defenders who go all the way and say the KJV/AV is the infallible word of God and is not trumped by the greek or hebrew.

I love brother David Cloud of wayoflife.org very very much. He is the author of the article on Ruckman referenced above (Note: wayoflife.org is just as hard on Gail Riplinger as it is Ruckman. There are many more folks who accept Riplinger's books than do Ruckmans). But even (I believe) brother Cloud's (and the majority of KJV defenders) position is that the greek TR "trumps" the KJV. Ruckman is one of the very few KJV defenders who are consistent at this point.

I believe the KJV/AV is God's infallible word in english. I believe the TR is God's infallible word in Greek. I therefore believe the greek TR cannot trump the KJV anymore than the Spanish Valera can trump the KJV.

NOTE: I have stated this position but I have not defended it. If anyone wants to go into that, let me know and I'll start a thread on that.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you!!