View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
Brother Pressman,

In my post# 43 I clarified that I confused myself, that Cush was the father of the black nations, not Ham, and therefore Noah's curse was not upon the black nations but upon Ham's son Canaan's descendants which are not black. I don't know how you maintain that Phut was the only progenitor of the peoples of Africa, it seems clear that Ethiopians came from Cush as well as others.

And you are new to this board so you don't know me. If you had been here to read posts I've made on other threads you would probably know that I have never confused the color of someone's skin with the condition of their hearts. But thanks for the info.
I apologize if you thought that my post was a direct response to you. I simply cut and pasted a portion of my writing here in the thread. I certainly did not mean to imply you compared skin color with spirituality. Even had I thought that, and I do not, I would not have been so tactless as to bring it up here. My desire is simply to discuss the issue, not attack the person.

That Phut fathered the African nations is something that I gleaned from Wilmington's Guide to the Bible by Dr. Harold Wilmington. Cush, as you stated, fathered the Ethiopians and more than likely some others. I am not going to be dogmatic either way.

Again, I apologize for the confusion.