View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 12:00 PM

Lucifer was a king, as he definitely had a throne ("...I will exalt my throne above the stars of God..." Is. 14:13) and he even now is called the "god of this world" and has dominion over all the earth (Matt. 4:8-9).

I've already been over the "Eden" issue: the garden that God created in Genesis chapter is emphatically NOT called "Eden": the garden was planted Eastward IN Eden. Eden in Genesis 2 is a GEOGRAPHICAL REGION, not a garden. Therefore, correlated with Ezekiel 28, specifically verses 12-15, we see that Lucifer had inhabited a GARDEN called "Eden." This "Eden" is NOT in any way, shape or form the same Eden found in Genesis 2, as the Ezekiel account calls the Garden "Eden" and the Genesis account does not name the garden at all. Don't believe me? Look it up.

Geologist, I'm sure you've done plenty of research and spent lots of time studying things, but to claim that the "geologic ages" that are supposedly represented in the rock strata are a result of pre-Adamic death and disease is groundless, both Biblically and scientifically. The geographic strata that we observe in nature could not, in any way, have been formed by natural processes, no matter how much time you throw at it. Again, filling in the blanks with evolution-type ages or numbers of years does nothing but attack the foundation of the Bible.

------------------------------------

I'm both a Young Earth Creationist and a Gap "Theorist." I believe that this creation was designed by God around 6,000 years ago and can be easily seen in the fossil record and geologic strata, and no physical creature, flora or fauna, existed before Genesis 1:3 when God began to create, in 6 literal 24-hour days, a wonderfully habitable earth that is unlike anything that exists today.

I believe that the Gap that occurred between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 was potentially (my pet theory) around 1,007 years long. The way I currently lean on the issue is this, though the majority of these ideas are extrapolation instead of actual Biblical statement: God created the heaven and the earth in His own four-dimensional existence (Eph. 3:18) and populated it with the "sons of God," ruled over by Lucifer, the fifth and covering cherub. I tend to believe that this time frame was about 1,000 years of perfect praise, worship and adoration of God Almighty and unbroken peace and perfection on Earth, which was called Eden, a beautiful, incredible Garden, built as a testimony to God's awesome power and creativity.

At some point, Lucifer's heart was lifted up because of his beauty and his wisdom, and he sought to exalt himself above God. When this pride entered his being, he was cast out along with a third of angels that followed him. During this time, the earth was completely destroyed, cast down into the "Deep," and removed from God's flawless 4D existence into the present 3D realm.

With the recreation of the earth, God created a firmament in the "midst of the waters," or in essence pulled the "Deep" apart with the earth in the middle of the newly-created firmament or "Space": when water is forced apart in said manner, it creates a vacuum. The "top" part of the separated water is called the "sea" or "crystal sea," while the "bottom" section is called "the Deep" or "the great deep."

God then ensued His recreation of the earth and put a man on it, to whom He gave dominion (made a king!) over the earth.

I have verses for 90% of what I just typed (the 1,000 year and 7 year time frames are my own concepts, I believe) and I've seen all opposition easily reconciled with some simple Bible study. Obviously this isn't a serious doctrine like salvation or the virgin birth, but I do think it's a good idea to understand where this mudball came from and what God's intentions were for it, especially since it deals with the Kingdoms of Heaven and of God.

Gotta' shower and nap now...I'm tired and barely coherent.