View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Pastor Mikie

In Acts chapter 2:1 - 4 they were in the upper room when they first spoke in tongues and no one but the 120 were present. Since they were praying in the upper room, the tongues was praying in the spirit as the Spirit gave them utterance. Then in verse 5 and on, they were not in the upper room anymore and others heard the Gospel in their own language "wherein they were born".

I never said I ONLY pray in tongues. Like Paul, I pray in the spirit and the understanding also.

Let's face it, you not only do not want to speak in tongues, you don't want me to, either.
Why? It says in 1 Corinthians 14:39 Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues..

Does the fact I believe it is for today and understand the Scriptures the way I do threaten you in some way? I got saved when I repented of my sins and asked Jesus to be Lord of my life in 1973. In 1975, believing as you do, God baptized me in the Holy Ghost (naturally, I searched the Scriptures when this happened so as not to be in error, and found how I was taught was not accurate). Now, a number of Christians think I've become an alien or a wizard or something because I've received this gift.

You keep trying to trip me up and convince me I'm doing something wrong. Each time I have a Biblical answer and you throw the same stuff back at me. That's fine. But I don't think you are hearing me.

1 Corinthians 14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

Last edited by Pastor Mikie; 03-04-2008 at 09:39 AM.