View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 07:24 PM

I think Brother Tim is alluding not to going easy on me but being kind in your speech (cf. 2 Tim. 2:25-26).

Let me express that my handle does not express everything about me. I should have signed under as Timotheos (which is Greek for Timothy ala Greektim). There is a story behind it and not an agenda. If you care to hear me explain it, then I will be happy to. But since it corresponds to my email, I chose it.

To answer why I joined this forum since I am not KJVO, I have said already so that iron can sharpen iron. Even if we disagree on the translation of choice, believe it or not we have very many similar theological views which we can edify from each other. And by the way, I did ask if one had to be KJVO to join. If I was told that it would be fruitless on all parties to do so, then I would not be here.

Brethren, I do covet your prayers. If I am in error on any theological position, it is not my desire to stay in error. While at this time I do not believe I am wrong, I know my knowledge is not perfect and I am constantly learning every day. The fact that I am willing to come here to discuss these things should show you that I am open to the truth. I don't think it is wrong to say that I am extremely against a theological view just as you are the same.

And George, I am seeking to be polite because even the Bible says in so many places that our conversation should be seasoned with salt & etc... If you don't like Christian discussion bathed in love, then I don't think you have given the entire counsel of God its due consideration. I don't mean to sound lovey-dovey, but I still want to be courteous to my brethren. And considering my past, it is very easy to slip back into a form of speech that is not edifying nor glorfying to God. So I would rather not stumble in that regard.

And to Fredoheaven, I put this thread in this part of the forum (Bible versions) b/c Gipp is such a staunch defender of the KJV. I thought it would be highly appropriate here, especially considering the direction this discussion has turned.