View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard.Strickland View Post
Thank You Bro. Parrish; I have read several of your post #60,#46,#35 I will try not to be as long with this comment as the last.

Bro. Parrish, I admire your faithfulness to the cause of Christ, for your show that you are gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves; out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
Thank you for your kind words.
I will try and answer your many questions...

Quote:
I try each day to do as written in II Peter 3:18 ...grow and grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Bro. Parrish, How do we grow in grace? Why should we grow in grace? Is that an application that we should consider?
Definitely we should consider it, the picture is one of building and adding, check out 2 Thess. 1:3, and this passage from 2 Pet. 1, notice the areas I underscored...

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall

Quote:
Bro. Parrish, Did you write in one of your post, that you were a member of a fundamental independent Baptist church?
Correct.

Quote:
Bro. Parrish, I also am member of a warm and caring fellowship of believers committed to the truth of God’s Word. The church is an old-fashioned, independent fundamental Baptist church. Our music is God-honoring and we use only the authorized King James Bible.
Good for you brother...

Quote:
Bro Parrish, is it not written in the authorized King James Bible,
"2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"?
Does that not mean from Genesis to Revelation?
Yes brother, all scripture.

Quote:
Bro. Parrish, Did Jesus teach the disciples how to pray? Were the disciples Jews? Does that mean that it is not profitable to us since he was talking to Jews and not Gentiles or the church?
All scripture is profitable.
We have to be careful with the application sometimes.

Quote:
Bro. Parish, what does our Lord and Saviour instruct us in Luke 11:4 as to prayer?
The passage is right here, this too is profitable and best viewed with an eye on dispensational truth and application as I mentioned above.

"And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil."

Quote:
Bro. Parrish, Why does Jesus tell the disciples that they should ask for forgiveness of their sins? Were they not saved by grace also or was this just a prayer pattern for them to use while he was here on earth with them?
You are asking several good questions there.
All men are saved by the blood of Christ. As a moderate dispensationalist and Baptist, I think the sins of these men (at this time) could certainly be forgiven but their sins were not "taken away" and "paid for" or "purchased" yet. God's own blood had not been shed for them at this time. This is the way I was taught, others may see it differently. Please see Heb. 10:1-9, Acts 20:28 for more.

Quote:
Bro. Parrish, should I apply Jesus's instruction of how to pray to my daily life? or Should pray as the hyprocrites do in the synagogues? I know I should not because, "They have their reward". Matthew 6:5
I think Christ is an excellent prayer model (see comments on application), and there are other instructions on prayer as well throughout the Bible.
For me, prayer is talking to God as a loving Father.
When we pray we speak to God. When we study the Bible, God speaks to us. Let God's Word and His Spirit guide you...

"Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints" (Eph. 6:18)

"But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word." (Acts 6:4)

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." (Philippians 4:6)

"Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (James 5:16)

Quote:
Thank You Bro. Parrish for your help with this message. God Bless You. I pray that you grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Above all, taking the shield of faith ...
Thank you Bro. Strickland...

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 07-09-2009 at 12:03 PM.