Thread: Dr. Ruckman
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 01:29 PM

First, I have responded to your posts and have attempted to answer most of the questions that you have asked. I am not ignoring anything you have written, but if you expect for me to explain each and every verse that you give, please separate them into different posts, so that the space and time needed to answer does not become unbearable for either of us. Before you do this, you have said we are at an impass, so it may be best not to continue.

Next, yes, I do use the phrase "it appears to me" or something similar, because I am a fallible human. I can only describe the truth as I see it and understand it. That you have determined that Jesus is saying two different things at the same time is your educated opinion, but it is not the final fact.

On the LORD's temptation:
Quote:
George said:
...on the contrary the Lord never "disputed" that so-called "claim".
...As matter of fact he [satan] even quoted scripture to the Lord twice.
As I read the Gospel story, the Scriptures never made it evident that Jesus ever disputed with satan about anything. He simply commanded him.
Satan only used a single OT quotation, not two. Even with that he added and deleted words, thus making an incomplete or inaccurate statement (which he is wont to do). His favorite trick is to take truth and alter it just slightly so that it becomes distorted and weak. Example: NKJV.