Thread: Dr. Ruckman
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
Revelation 22 is dealing with eternity - all of the saved will have access to the tree of life.

In regards to the servants in Matthew 25, all of mankind is responsible before God and will give account to Jesus when He returns. In the OT, all Israel was God's servant - and it is quite clear that not all Israel was saved.

Isaiah 42:18-20 Hear, ye deaf; and look, ye blind, that ye may see. Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD'S servant? Seeing many things, but thou observest not; opening the ears, but he heareth not.

Isaiah 45:4 For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.
WHY?

If we are SAVED - Of what use (to us) is the tree of life? We obtained our Salvation from our Saviour's sinless life; His death; and His shed blood. What have we to do with the Tree of Life? Our LIFE is in HIM! NOT in the tree of life!

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Isn't it clear (from scripture) that God prevented Adam and Eve from eating of the tree of life in order to prevent them from living "forever" in their sinful condition.

Whoever eats of the tree of life obtains eternal life - We already have (possess) eternal life, so (if we are to make any "sense" of scripture) the tree of life MUST be for someone else (besides us). Someone who as of yet does not possess eternal life; but who is in "need' of it; and who will receive it - from the tree of life {at some point in The Lord Jesus Christ's Eternal Kingdom.}

NOTICE: Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Somebody ("they") earns the "right" to the tree of life by doing His commandments! And why is that so? So they can obtain eternal life - which we already have!